Sunday, August 31, 2008

Have I mentioned lately....

How madly in love I am with these children I have been entrusted with???? Well, I am.
How much I am in love with our new church home?? Well, I am....my cup runeth over with tears of joy so I cannot express.....
For the first time in my life I enjoyed doing "wee care" "children's church "nursery" whatever you want to call it. When we took those little boys and girls to worship and saw their little faces and hands so intently praising and focused on the Lord it gave me chill bumps.
Then we went into our Sunday school class and had the best, most meaning conversations with these new friends of ours that love my husband. Can I saw how that makes my heart smile?? Well, it does. (Not that he's hard to love) He is just experiencing "church" for the first time in his life. All of the relationships, all of the Bible studies, all of the christian sports activites with men of the Lord that can lift him up and encouraging him in the word. Oh it makes my heart so proud of my husband just as it does when I pick up my precious little hearts from wee care and see them laughing and bouncing all over the place.
Am I typing ok thru these tears of joy???????
Then tonight as I closed my eyes and felt the same vibration in my finger tips that I felt when I used to played my trumpet, tears streamed down my face and my soul longed to play again. I had flash backs of high school and college. I felt those little momments of their stomach's doing flips before the first notes were played and aggony of tiring lips during and after that hour long performance.....I feel like I'm not using my talent. Is it possible right now? With all of these children longing for every spare moment with me and making sure they each get equal time, is it possible to have something only for me?...I guess we will see. After all, I do make the time to sit and edit pictures for hours on end after they are fast away in sleepy town.


On a side note: my almost two year old went to bed with great ease after going to the good ole' McDonalds after church tonight and then having a nice warm bubble bath. No screaming, no crying...I have a feeling a wonderful friend was praying for me and if not I know I was on her mind....so thank you... :)

Well, that's it. I will take a moment to sit and mourn for the ones that soon will loose everything they own and as I sit and type this wish I could run off over there and help do something, there I go with always wanting to "fix." My momma and step-dad read over letters tonight from the past few years they have recieved from a family they helped after "Katrina." Momma too has cried her heart out for those, once again.

Being thankful for all that I have,

Kimberly Ann Russell
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ashley said...

you are so sweet and i love every last one of you!

Kim said...

ditto :)